Skip to main content

1. What is assessment tax?

Assessment tax is tax imposed towards any holding located within the Pasir Gudang Municipal Council Area such as residential home, business property (shop, complex, hotel, etc), industrialization (factory, harbour) and vacant land (vacant, without building, agriculture, land which is given approval for arrangement.

2. Why is assessment tax imposed by MPPG towards land, even though revenue tax has already been imposed to it by the Land Office?

Land tax which is imposed to each land according to Kanun Tanah Negara 1966 is based on ownership which expired by the State Government based on the Kanun Tanah Negara 1966 allocation; even though Assessment Tax imposed by MPPG is based on the allocation under Local Government Act 1976.

3. How is assessment tax determined?

Assessment tax is determined based on the following formula: Assessment tax = X Rate Annual (%)

4. How much is the assessment tax rate imposed?

Assessment tax rate which has been determined in 0.20% to 0.85% based on the type of property such as industry, trading, housing, agriculture and vacant land.

5. Can the owner make an objection towards the Annual Value?

The owner can make object towards the Annual Value by sending a letter to the Council. Every owner who makes an objection will be given a chance to attend the Tax Appeal Committee Meeting to present reasons for the objections.

6. When will the assessment tax bills be issued?

Bills will be sent twice a year, which is in the month of January and July.

7. When is the payment period for assessment tax bills?

The payment period for assessment tax bills are as follows: First Half of the Year – 1st January to 28th / 29th February, and Second Half of the Year – 1st July to 31st July.

8. Where can I pay the assessment tax bills?

Clients can make payment in the following location :

  1. Payment counters in Pasir Gudang Municipal Council Office;
  2. Bank Islam
  3. Maybank2u
  4. CIMB Clicks
  5. Pos Online
  6. Standard Chartered
  7. Bank Simpanan Nasional
9. How do I make reservations or rental for the Taman Mawar hall and other MPPG-owned facilities such as marquees, tables and chairs?

For reservation please contact the Property Management Division, Valuation and Property Management Department at 07-2547777 ext. 3200 or 3207.

10. Bagaimana saya mahu How do I make reservations or rental for the MPPG-owned halls (other than Taman Mawar) and fields?tempahan atau sewaan dewan (selain Taman Mawar) dan padang milik MBPG?

For reservation please contact the Community Department at 07-2547777 ext. 3228 or 3231.

11. How do I lodge a complaint to MPPG?
12. How do I check the status of my complaint?

Complaints can be checked online by entering the complaint number given to you when making made the complaint.

13. What must I do if the total arrears in the bill exceed the amount I can afford to pay?

If full payments cannot be made, certain cases will allow payment by instalments.

14. If the garbage is not collected according to schedule provided, can a complaint be lodged?

Yes. Complaints can be lodged via the following channel:

  1. TolFree : 1 800 88 7472 (SISA)
  2. Portal AduanSisa :
  3. Tel : 03 2245 9292
15. What are the channels that can be used to make complaints, comments, advice, ideas and enquiries to PPSPPA?

Complaint channels available are as follows:

  1. TolFree : 1 800 88 7472
  2. Emel :
  3. Tel : 03 2245 9292
  4. Portal :
  5. Facebook :Perbadanan Pengurusan Sisa Pepejal Dan Pembersihan Awam
16. How can I obtain a job vacancy application form?

It is available at MPPG office counters and the MPPG website when a vacant job offer advertisement is available.

17. How can I apply for a licence?

Applications must be made using the forms provided and is available at MPPG integrated counters

18. How long does it takes for a premise licence to be approved?

Within 1 hour provided all the required documentations are complete.

19. What happens if I fail to pay the licence fee?

Licence approval will be annulled and legal actions will be taken if the business is conducted without licence.

20. Can the ownership of a licence be transferred?

Yes, but written approval from the Council must be obtained.

If this information is not enough, please contact :-
Zanil Bin Ali
Property Management & Assessment Department
Pasir Gudang Municipal Council
Aras 2, Menara Aqabah,
Jalan Bandar,81700 Pasir Gudang
Telephone No :07 254 7761